December 16, 2013

Radiation...Week 2

So, week one of radiation went well.  The worst part of it is having to leave the house and drive to the hospital each day :)  What can I say.....I realize now how spoiled I am to be able to work from home and not be required to go anywhere every single day :)  LOL!!!!

Things started out fine....I went Monday and I was in and out rather quickly.  Then Tuesday rolled around.  Early that morning the home phone rang.  It was the hospital.....they needed to cancel the day's appointment....the machine was on the blink and being tended to.  All morning appointments were being cancelled.  WHAT???  Oh the joy of living in a smaller town :)  No back-up plan?  No machine on reserve in case this happens?  Really?  We just skip a day's treatment?  LOL!!!  Why, YES!  Of course :)  HA!

Fingers crossed, no break-downs this week :)  I go every day this week at 11:45 and I'll have to go next Monday now as well to make up for missing one day last week.  No complaints.....I was originally told 15 rounds and now I'm down to 10 so all is good!!!!

Got our tree up and the decorations out.  I am totally not into the holidays any more.  Sad really.  I am into what the season is all about....just not into all of the stuff it requires.  I think things are too far off the mark....we've lost the reason for the celebrations and made too much about the celebrations themselves.  Some years back we sponsored a child at a mission in Grundy, VA and another year we took an angel off the tree at the mall for the Salvation Army.  Katy asked why we didn't do it this year and I told her we just couldn't afford it.  My doctor bills are just too high and we can't do everything that we wish we could.  I suggested that next year we forego buying gifts for our family and instead get angels again.  She was all for it :)  It touched my heart.  Emily was into it as well so long as she got gifts from other people :)  LOL!!  My kids are AWESOME!!!!  I am so blessed in so many ways!!!!

I got an amazing gift in the mail recently.  It's a scrapbook album that my cousins, aunts and uncles put together for me.  Each page is decorated with a pic of them and includes a personal note to me......I could barely get through it I cried so hard!  It was the most touching, personal, amazing gift anyone could ever have given me.  I LOVE YOU ALL and so appreciate you thinking of me and taking the time to write the notes and decorate the pages.  I will forever treasure the book :)  THANK YOU!!!!!

That's about it.  Lots of shopping and wrapping still to do.  Wish me luck :)  Cards are ready but need stamps and still need to be sealed.  There is just NEVER enough time and yet......it all seems to get done in the end :)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all of you.  This year is special for me and I am extremely grateful for all of you and all of the blessing bestowed upon me....I have a lot to be thankful for and I am looking forward to a new year and a new perspective.  Lots of changes to be made in my life in the new year and I am looking forward to each and every one of them :)

PEACE.................and hugs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment