December 7, 2013

An Apology...Some catching up....and a couple prayer requests :)

So, to all of you that are so sweet to regularly check my blog you have my sincere apologies!!!  I have been feeling better and as a result....I have been VERY busy.  I had family in town for Thanksgiving and it was a BLAST...but kept me busy :)  Then this week our school had it's annual basket auction.  I (along with some very dear friends) work VERY hard to put this fundraiser on for the teachers of my girl's school.  It was today and I am happy to report that the teachers made over $10,000 again this year!!!  And that was with 20 fewer baskets than last year!!!  WOW!!!!  Way to go parents, friends and family of our school.  We are all blessed with your generosity!!!!!!

Now for some catching up.............NOT having chemo has been amazing!!!  I am so VERY happy to feel well and more than that......to be back to feeling like myself!  Your prayers are beyond appreciated!!!!!  Your cards and calls, your txt's and the hugs when I see you make me feel like a million bucks!  THANK YOU!!!!!!  I am beyond blessed to know each of you and even more so to call you "friend".  I start radiation Monday.  I will go 5 days a week for 2 weeks.  Each appointment is at 11:30.  The oncologist initially told me 15 treatments but after further review, he thinks he can get more radiation in over a shorter period of time.  He did warn me; however, that he might call for more but he's pretty confident he can do what needs to be done in 10 treatments.  I'm not scared or nervous.....like everything else, I've given all to the Lord and will just tackle each day with a smile on my face and some pep in my step :)  I CAN DO THIS...because I know I am not alone :)

I'm sitting here watching the replay of some highlights of the Iron Bowl.  I got chills...LOL!  Congrats to Auburn.  You were ready for that missed field goal and I give you credit for playing smart all the way to the end.  I was cheering with all I had for Alabama......just for Ronnie........but Auburn beat us fair and square.  Good Job!  Anyway, you know I love football!!!!!

O.K., back to blog business.  My prayer requests......My Uncle Dick (stay with me...Doug's mom Kitty, her sister Jan - is married to Dick :)  He has not been feeling well for months.....many months.  The Doctors have FINALLY found out what is the matter.  His kidneys are NOT working and he had to start dialysis.  They are in such bad shape too....and on top of that...they found cancer.  SO....he is getting is port and will start chemo as well.  PLEASE, PLEASE pray for him....and his wife Jan and family.

Request Number 2:  There is a young girl that my Katy knows...she goes to another school but they share mutual friends and are themselves friends.  Her parents were killed in a car accident this past Tuesday (It might have even been Monday).  It's a very sad story...they think the father stabbed the mother, loaded her into his car and he drove off....maybe then shooting himself - which is potentially what caused the accident.  On top of that, the car caught on fire.  It's so very sad.....this young lady needs all of our prayers.  Please think of her and pray for her often.

So I guess you're all caught up now.  I plan to take it easy for a while.  I'll keep you posted on the radiation process and my progress.

Again, my apologies for not posting for a while.  But know that I am well.
XXOO

1 comment:

  1. I think most of us were hoping and praying that no news is good news. Soo happy you are too busy to post! I hadn't heard about Dick, and will be praying for him, Jan, and the family. and tell Katy Uncle Al and Aunt Mary Ann are praying for her friend. Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete