November 5, 2013

CHEMO DAY :)

Had me another treatment today.  So once I got to the treatment room, my lab results came in and my nurse......the FAMOUS Miss LOUISE....told me I wouldn't be getting treatment today.  My white blood counts had bottomed out.  WHAT???????  But it might be my last......say it isn't so!!!!!!!!!!!!  She told me to hold on and she went and talked to a doctor....not my doctor though - he's in India.  Anyway - she came back and told me to nevermind...I was getting treatment :)   YEAH!!!!!!  So then some other things have to happen.  She had to access my port first.  She couldn't.  The needle wouldn't go in!  Can you imagine???  I keep taking a deep breath and she keeps trying to "stick" me and it wouldn't go in!!!!  GOOD GRIEF!!!!  Lucky for me, needles and sticks don't bother me ...too much...but you have to understand that this is a rather large needle and it NOT going in is a bit painful :)  (Keep in mind that all the while Doug is sitting there watching....wish I could be in his head to hear what he was thinking ...HA! :)  Especially right where the port is in my chest...not too much fatty tissue there ya know....quite frankly, the only non-fatty area on my body come to think of it :)  LOL!  She finally was able to get my port accessed and then it's time to draw blood.  Couldn't get any...They couldn't last time either.  They are able to 'inject' fluid but they are unable to "withdraw" blood.  They think that tissue grows over the end of the catheter allowing fluids to pass but not allowing to draw back.  So...she had to give me an injection and then we wait.  After 30 minutes she tried to access/draw it again and it worked :)  YEAH - again!!!!!!!  So, I get my pre-meds and shortly thereafter, chemo gets going and I'm out of there in a few hours.......I got there at 8:30 and left at 2:00.  Fun times!

There was a lady next to me today that was there for her first treatment.  She was older...but not old!!!  She sounded scared...her son was there with her.  We got to talking later in the day....once her son was gone and Doug had left.  I tried to assure her she was going to be o.k.  That chemo wasn't impossible and with faith she would make it through.  She said she didn't have too much faith in herself but I told her I did and that I would pray for her.  Please pray for her too.  She was so very sweet...I pray for her inner strength, her faith and her determination...all with God's help.....to make it through this.  She is in treatment every other Tuesday...just like me.  I didn't ask any personal questions so I don't know what kind of cancer she has.  Depending on how my Monday goes on the 19th, I might go back up to see her.  Maybe I'll crochet her something.

So....prayers please :)  Pet scan is Monday.  I'll try my best to keep you posted on how I'm feeling.  You know...everyone told me to keep a journal, that things would be repetitive each week about how I feel and what symptoms set in when......well, I have to tell you that mine has been different every time :)  Not major differences, but different none the less.  And that's o.k.  Since I'm home all the time, I am able to be ready for the unexpected.  Thank your Lord and thank you to my employer :)  You both rock!!!!

Dinner is from my mother-in-law tonight, my dear girlfriend Yvette Thursday, another dear friend and her sister - Pam and Jennifer Saturday.  I AM BLESSED......beyond measure.  I hope and pray and work each day to be so deserving of ALL of my blessings.  I fail time and time again, but I never stop trying.  In church on Sunday, Curtis told us all how it doesn't matter how you start the race, it matters that you do and how you finish!!!!  SO KEEP WORKING and KEEP TRYING!!!!


Take the first step in faith.  You don't have to see the whole staircase.
just take the first step.   ~Martin Luther King.


Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of your
arm...As you grow older you will discover that you have two hands.  One for 
helping yourself, the other for helping others.  ~Audrey Hepburn


For anything worth having one must pay the price; and the price is always
work, patience, love, self-sacrifice.  ~John Burroughs


Happiness is not in our circumstance but in ourselves.  It is not 
something we see, like a rainbow, or feel, like the heat of a fire.
Happiness is something we are.  ~John B. Sheerin

I'm happy and I hope you are happy as well.  This life we are given is too short to be anything else.  To all of you that are sending cards....THANK YOU!!!!  I'm getting them and they lift me up with smiles and the feeling of love they convey.  They - and you - mean the world to me.

Judy - thanks for the call :)  I love and miss you all.  You all hold a VERY special place in my heart and I am grateful to know you!!!!  XXOO



THANK YOU!!!!!!

Hugs.....XXOO

One day at a time..............




No comments:

Post a Comment