October 4, 2013

What a week!!!!!!

Sorry I've been away this week...things have been so crazy.  With my dryer broken, I was at the laundromat most every night drying something.  Donnie - my hero - came to the rescue last night and fixed it so.....I don't have to do that for a while.  Don't get me wrong though.  I totally don't mind going there.  I fell in love with Doug at the laundromat ya know :)  I just knew he was the one after all those trips and hours spent there together.  LOL!!!

So I went in this morning for my 2nd chemo treatment.  Before you get treatment, you have lab work done.  Well, while waiting on the results of the lab work, I got a little work done.  Then the nurse came and told me that my white blood cell count was low.....around a one when a 4 is normal or good.  SO.....my oncologist wants me back on Tuesday.  They will draw more blood then and if my counts are up, I'll get my chemo then.  Fingers crossed :)

While I am waiting for Tuesday.....I am to avoid crowds and do my best to pretty much avoid everything!  LOL!  No shopping, no going up to the school, if I do go to the grocery...clean the cart before and after I touch it.......if you know me, you know I despise grocery shopping anyway so......YEAH!!!!!  Doug will have to go :) This cancer diagnosis really isn't all bad :)  HA!!!!!!

Katy lost her volleyball game Monday night...SAD :(  I'll miss seeing her play for a while but there is still winter play with KVC and Emily will be playing soon enough as well at a local league here.  Our annual basket auction is coming up on December 7th at school.  I always work hard at helping get this event done for the school/teachers.  It's a lot of fun and provides much needed money to our teachers.  If you are local....plan to attend :)

Have a wonderful weekend.  I plan to stay home and lay low.  Maybe I'll even get some cards made....fingers crossed here too :)

Before I go...............a special thank you to the Weems family for the taste sensation, or as Emily called it, "heaven in my mouth".  Myria made us dinner last weekend and it was fabulous!!!  THANK YOU!!!!!  Thanks too to my mother-in-law.....she fed us all on Sunday after church and WOW, it was delicious.  Thanks for taking such good care of us.  We appreciate all of you so much!  Love you all!

We must not become tired of doing good.
We will receive our harvest of eternal life at the 
right time if we do not give up.
Galatians 6:9

Those people who keep their faith until the end will be saved.
Matthew 10:22

Have a fantastic weekend!  Remain faithful and thankful :)  I am!!!!!!  Hugs....................

No comments:

Post a Comment