October 23, 2013

Lots of updates...sorry for the delay!!!

I was back to the Doctor yesterday.  The lump in my neck is much smaller and there is no pain.  Doctor thinks it is a side effect of the chemo...but the location of the node is puzzling because he would expect it to be closer to my throat and higher...maybe even in conjunction with a sore throat.  Anyway - disaster averted for now :)

My white blood cell counts are still bottomed out.  This is normal and an effect of the chemo but, he is puzzled why someone my age and in such good health would not be coming back quicker.  Last time he chose to delay treatment  until the following Tuesday....this time he decided to send me on  for treatment.  YEAH!!!  I don't want any delays!!!  He explained that there is an injection that can be given to bring your counts up...but...it typically has an adverse reaction to the lungs.  He has never given this med and isn't starting with me.  Another YEAH!!!  I am to monitor my temperature every 1/2 hour and if I get a reading of 100.2 twice in one hour or one reading of 100.5 I am to call the office immediately and they will prescribe antibiotics.  He said to expect a little more fatigue with this round...this I CANNOT imagine after the week I had last time!!!!!  Prayers PLEASE!!!!!

So I head on back for treatment and I have a new nurse this time.  Her name was Jennifer and she was wonderful.  They are all so awesome over there!  I look forward to committing some volunteer time once I am in the clear!  So she gets busy accessing my port and wouldn't you know.....it wasn't working!  She had me doing exercises and laying this way and that way...nothing.  Then she gave an injection (medicine) into it and I had to wait about an hour or so and she tried again.  It still wasn't working and I was getting restless so I hit my port and said something (I can't remember what :) and she got blood!   YEAH #3 :)  I finally started getting chemo around noon and was done about 3:00.

Because my counts are so low I have to lay low and stay home - well, avoid places with lots of people anyway - for a while.  Keep my hands clean and rest.  I feel good today and am taking it easy.  Getting lots of work done; however, this mean sitting at my desk all day so it's all good :)  My mother in law the wonderful Ms Kitty is providing dinner yet again and my dear girlfriend Sydney is covering tomorrow night :)  How blessed I am to be surrounded by such loving family and friends!  

A quick update on last week.  Saturday was spent in bed sleeping mostly.  Sunday too was spent in bed just miserable.  I couldn't move and had no desire to either.  Monday was better but I was exhausted from 2 days of doing nothing.  Don't you hate it when that happens.  You've done nothing but rest for 2 days and you still feel like crap!  So, each day got a little better but I wasn't "normal" until Friday!!!  It was awful!  I hope to not have another week like that and would ask that you pray for me - for patience and endurance :)  I can make it through with prayer, faith and patience!!!

A special thank you to Holly Jamerson for the sweet gift!!!  I absolutely LOVE it and can't wait to use it all!!!!  Thank you so very much for thinking of me and keeping in touch!  Thank you too to Christi Gibson for calling me last night :)  I appreciate you more than you'll ever know!!  XXOO

"Your wealth is where your friends are."
` Author Unknown ~ 

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and sings it back to you
when you have forgotten how it goes."
~ Author Unknown ~ 

Based on these quotes, you must know how wealthy I am and I am beyond grateful!!!!  XXOO

No comments:

Post a Comment