September 13, 2013

It's Friday!!!!!!!

Remember that song....."I don't want to work - I just want to bang on the drum all day..." blah blah blah.  Before I moved here, the Atlanta radio station 96 Rock played that every Friday at 5:00.  I hated that song!  LOL!  But I do LOVE Friday's :)

I forgot to tell you that the type of Hodgkin's I have is called Nodular Sclerosis.  It is the most common type of Hodgkin's and Wikipedia says that it affects male and female equally and has a median age of onset of 28.  Yee Haw!!!!  My body thinks I'm 28 - approximately!  LOL!!!!  Even though I am 46......my inside is acting like I'm 28 (almost).  YEAH ME!!!!!!

Anyway - not too much to do this weekend...stay caught up on work so I don't fall behind and take the girls to a birthday party tomorrow night.....bowling...YEAH!!!  We all have so much fun bowling :)

I made an executive decision last night too.  I have decided NOT to cut my hair.  I am going to wait and see what happens.  Chemo-schemo.........I'll just hang tight.  I'll cut it when I need to or maybe I'll just walk around looking like I have really bad hair :)  HA!  Can you imagine?  OK - me either...I would never do that.  But it is funny to think about.

OK - so 2 very serious notes and 2 very personal requests:
1.) Doug's Aunt Jan and Uncle Dick..along with Cousin Diane and her husband Tim and 2 daughters - Ashley and Kelsi - live in Ft. Collins, CO where all of the flooding is going on.  Along with all of the others affected out West, please include them in your prayers.  We are hoping they are safe and free from flood damage.
2) A VERY near and dear friend JUST found out she too has cancer.  Please pray for her and her family!!!!  I will be praying non-stop and standing by her side the entire journey...please pray that I will have the stamina and the ability to do all I can for her.  I refuse to let her mind wonder or be scared for one brief moment.  (I love you friend :)

"If you feel lost, disappointed, hesitant, or weak, return to yourself, to who you are, here and now and when you get there, you will discover yourself, like a lotus flower in full bloom, even in a muddy pond, beautiful and strong."  ~~Masaru Emoto~~

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.  
2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Be strong.....I love you all.......thank you for your continued love, support, generosity and sweet words.  You are all a blessing to me!  Have a wonderful weekend.  

XXOO


No comments:

Post a Comment