September 10, 2013

Finally a plan :)

Saw my oncologist again today.  I asked lots of questions and in turn got lots of answers.  Each time I leave there I feel a little more at peace and confident!  

I will for sure have 4 rounds of chemo......they start next Friday the 20th.  I have to be there at 8:00 and plan to be there for 6 hours.  Now, let me tell you what I learned today.  When I hear 4 rounds of chemo, I think 4 doses...4 visits....WRONG!!!!  LOL!  One dose is given over 2 visits.  Four rounds means a visit every other Friday for 4 months....yep!  4!  A little different than only 2 months!!!  Good thing Doug always goes with me.  It's funny what you hear and what others hear.  Having a second set of ears there......besides the love of my life......is a blessing.  So, I can look forward to nausea, diarrhea, hair loss, mouth pain (and other stuff)...........sounds like a party right?  HA!!!!  

Doug and I left the Doctor and went for some lunch.  There's a little boutique next to the restaurant and as I walked by .... there in the window ... a tote bag caught my eye.  I need a new bag for chemo right?  DUH!!!!  Doesn't every girl need a "chemo" bag??  Again, DUH!   LOL!  I know I don't need to tell you that I went into the store after lunch and bought it right?  Oh, good!  I didn't think so :)

OK - back to business.......I go to the radiation oncologist tomorrow morning at 8:30.  I think at this appointment I will find out how many rounds of radiation I can anticipate.  I go on for my heart study at 12:45.  Lung study is Thursday and nothing Friday.  Yeah - a day off from having to go anywhere!

Busy Busy Busy!!!!  So, that's the plan.  Now you know what I know.  If anything changes I will let you know.  


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.   
John 14:27

Just so you know...I am in no way troubled and in no way afraid.  I am very much at peace and confident that in time this is all going to be o.k.  I have my faith and the most amazing friends and prayer warriors on my side...how can things be any different?  Keep up the amazing work you are all doing.  My heart, mind and soul are touched and moved beyond measure at the power of all of your requests on my behalf.  I remain grateful and faithful :)

A very special thank you to the teachers and staff at Ridgeview.  Your prayers, support and kind words mean the world to me and I appreciate each and every one of you...for everything you do...but especially for taking care of my children (and the million others you tend to) every week!

So, go and be happy...don't worry about things.  Live each day to it's fullest and be faithful....SMILE :)

Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.

Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is bliss, taste it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.
Mother Teresa





2 comments:

  1. Even through all of this you have kept you funny sense of humor! It has been an eye opener for me. You have had SO MANY APPOINTMENTS! I didn't realize all you had to do just to get started on treatment. You definitely have our prayers. I love you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and Doug and the girls...hoping to hear more good news as you travel this journey of faith and trust!

    ReplyDelete