August 9, 2013

A very hard note to write but one that helped me see outside of myself.....to trust in myself and my courage

I woke up Friday and found a lump in my neck....after a few doctor visits I got word that I have Hodgkin's Lymphoma.  

I saw the oncologist yesterday and this is what I know so far.......the lymph node needs to be removed.  Because of where it is in my neck and if necessary, they will have a vascular surgeon near during the procedure.  Monday I have a bone marrow biopsy......dreading this one!!!!  I also have to get a pet scan (PT scan?  I'm not sure how to write it).  I will know more about my official diagnosis after all of this.

Once all of this testing is complete and analyzed, chemo will begin.  We are guessing within the next 4 weeks.  I will have a port implanted in my chest with a line to my heart to have the chemo administered.  I am expecting doses once every 2 weeks for 8 weeks.  After a review of where I am then, they will decide what comes next.....more chemo or radiation.

So......that's a lot I know but we are all o.k. here.  I was shocked and scared to death initially but each day I wake with a better attitude, more faith, and less fright.  I have turned it all over to the ultimate doctor and am trusting in his plan for me.  I hope you will think of me and pray for me......that my faith and trust remain strong and that I myself stay strong in order to beat this thing.  I know I can do this because He makes me strong :)

Also.....please do not plan to shave your heads as a sign of solidarity.  A few bald heads in each family are plenty :)  We are all beautiful no matter anyway :) !!!!!!

I don't have everyone's e-mail so Doug will take a moment to forward this to the rest of the family.  I will take the time to get them all from him though in order to keep everyone updated on my progress.

THANK YOU!  I love you all,
Holly

Susan - please let Maw know and ask her for my prayers too.
Karen - let your mom know as well :)  Love you guys!

Lastly, my girls know....Katy more than Emily however.  If you have questions or want to talk, please talk to Doug and I,,,,,,,I am trying to keep the girls informed on an "As Needed" basis :)  After sending this note (and Doug sends too), only family knows and very few others.  For now, I would prefer to keep it that way; however, if you are making a prayer request on my behalf, you are welcome to tell them :)  All prayers welcome!!!

I haven't cried today and totally feel at ease......I know God is in control and I've given this all to Him.  I am at peace with whatever it is going to be.  For now and always, he is my strength.  I hope to serve as an example to all of you and everyone else I know....and maybe don't know.  I will be strong and work hard at being well....and faithful.......and grateful :)

I'll keep you posted as things occur.  Please continue to pray for me and my ability to stay strong and resilient........and faithful and grateful too :)  

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.  PHIL 4: 12,13

1 comment: